Friday, September 17, 2010

Mind control: Is the internet changing how we think? - CNN.com

Mind control: Is the internet changing how we think? - CNN.com: "I became aware of changes in my own thinking a couple of years ago,' Nicholas Carr, author of new book, 'The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to our Brains', told CNN.
'Like many people, I've spent a lot of time using the net and other digital technologies over the past ten or fifteen years, and I've enjoyed the many benefits those technologies provide.
'But I came to realize, some time in 2007, that I was losing my ability to pay deep attention to one thing over a long period of time. When I'd sit down to read a book, for instance, I was only able to sustain my concentration for a page or two. My mind would begin to crave stimulation and distraction -- it wanted to click on links, jump from page to page, check email, do some Googling."

No comments:

Post a Comment